9/13/2011

Cinderella Won't Be Dancing

One of my favorite monthly activities is to go to our homeschooler's dance.
It's a very delightful event, really.
You don't have to dance. you don't even have to wear shoes (I probably should - after my toe infections died down, my toenails started rotting offer, and I cut a lot of it off so I have two really odd looking toenails)

And ALL. my. friends. are going.

Well, lookie here now. Who says I don't get to go? My mom. Who is right for doing it? My mom.
Actually, my mom totally is doing the right thing.
It's all because of two immature teens.

Now, I do admit I'm inadvertently loquacious while horsing around with friends.
I even got the dance to ban toys, though I just used the toy tongue to communicate.
It was because people threw it on the ceiling later on.
Idiots.

Actually, I was quite my age, mannerwise and otherwise, at that dance.

But some girl had to shoot off her mouth.
She said for us to act like highschoolers.
To act mature.
MATURE. As if I'm not mature!
Well, I didn't want to cause trouble. I thought it was a Christian dance. I though I shouldn't retaliate, and if I just laughed it off, she'd be even madder. So I laughed her off and left Miss Mature alone.
The next day my friend mentioned me to her and she said I wasn't my age at all.
And my friend's bothersome brother had to agree.
Both of them are immature themselves just for having gossiped.

It's for my own good I have to not get to go to the dance.
If I were with them now, I'd have a thing or two to tell them.
It's just sick how people toss around someone else's reputation like it's nothing.

And all y friends and I were planning on showing up in prom dresses.
What a while of fun, ruined for me.
I told everyone I knew was going, and they all said they'd go to the Sunday night bible study instead.
Which is quite fun as well.

So, at least I get something. not as good as the dance, but I can't complain, I suppose.
But I will eradicate this sick problem when I am able.

Back soon with another post!

No comments:

Post a Comment