11/09/2011

Dragged Into Kiddles



I was at my friend's house the other day (you know who you are ;) and her sister waved an old kiddle in my face.
Being as I normally get into Kiddles when the holidays come around, my friend's sister (also my friend xD) really gave it a kick start.

I looked around to see that Kiddles were going up in price. It's insane really. I cannot believe the money you'd have to pay for - or I'd get for selling - even crappier Kiddles.



Here are two, perfect, in their packages.
I have neither of them xD

Most Kiddles today, because they were made in the 60s, look like this
Still worth much...but...yeah.
Very worn, isn't it.
That wasn't a question.

BUT if you see a lot like THIS

it'l fetch you 1,300 dollars.
That's what that lot went for. Perfect set of dolls.
As for me, my dolls have plenty of imperfections and overall are pretty played with.
As for my friend's mom's doll, which is an original Kiddle Kologne Honeysuckle doll in played with condition, her's is worth about 15 bucks, not unlike mine.
But I have 12. Only five are that small (I find those adorably fun to play with because they have rubber feet).
I'll take a picture of them now while celebrating this post for being the most kiddle-ish and most full of pictures of ALL my posts.
Probably the happiest for awhile as well.
HERE :D
I'll make it like
The name I gave them (the kind of Kiddle they are)

From top left:

Sara (Babe Biddle)
Cindy (Cinderiddle)
Gwen (Sleeping Biddle)
Tasmin (Lady Lavender)
Therese (Freezy Sliddle)
Nora (Windy Fliddle)

From bottom left:

Susie (Trikey Triddle)
Genevieve (Violet Kiddle Kologne)
Audyn (Lou Locket)
Demetra (Luana Locket)
Ivana (Greta Grape)
Lucille (Lilac Locket)

I do love them all, but tend to play with the littler ones because the bigger ones' hair is all frizz xD PLUS, the little ones are much eviller looking than they're supposed to. Most of the lockets and stuff have adorable baby faces that are sweet or innocent, and all mine are frightfully and oddly different in facial expression.

The most perfect hair in the bunch is Demetra's.
Nora is my most perfect Kiddle, all bends, nice hair, good color, no green spots.
My most damaged one is Sara, who's arm is falling off, is missing half a leg and a foot, has a green spot on her butt, has hair missing and wires poking out.
I got her for 75 cents at Goodwill though.
I used Ivana and Demetra, the Kiddles, and put them in my book. :D That's where they come from.

Only Susie and Nora are wearing their original clothes in the picture besides the tiny ones (who are forced to be clothed for eternity unless they are owned by a destructive and explorative child), but Tasmin, Cindy, and Therese have their real clothes as well (though they don't look so great in those original clothes all the time).

I love them.

I'll probably buy one or two more in this small obsession, put them in their house and let them rot all summer, and get back into them again xD

One last ADORABLE picture of Liddle Miss Muffet's kiddle spider.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What Teresa did really got you into them again XD I guess you coming over was more awesome than I thought...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they are ALL adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete