12/21/2011

Blythe - The Newest Obsession

It's going to last long, from what I just realized.
Prepare for an essay of girly obsession. Dollies are the only thing that can bring out this much girlishness in me.
The Kiddles have lasted for SO long.

So I went to Toys 'Я' Us the other day, swearing not to buy ANYTHING. I'm done with toys. It was an obsession to the age 15. I freaking love toys.
No more Littlest Pet Shop for sure.
I'd buy Kiddles when I could - but they don't count because they're technically collectors items and not toys for kids. And I collect them for sure.

but I cam across something new.
Hasbro, the Littlest Pet Shop brand, mixed Blythe dolls with Littlest Pet shop.
I loved it immediately and bought a set.

Then I went home to feed my excitement with internet picture until Christmas.

Then I found something EVEN BETTER.
Real Blythe dolls. I don't care about Littlest Pet Shop, but I wanted that doll.
She's like, 5 inches tall. Real ones are a foot tall.

So I returned the small set, and I got a REAL one.
The object of many girls' obsessions.
Not usually given to those of younger age.
NEEDED by young and old women at some point in their lives.
It's the amazing Blythe doll!

I spent hours on eBay, because there are many different types of dolls.
There's the real Kenner ones, that go for almost one thousand dollars.
Then there's the secondary ones, usually heavily customized, for a few hundred.
And millions, and millions, and MILLIONS of clothes and accessories.
I narrowed it down over and over ad over again until I came across an array of cheaper ones for 35 dollars.

So I figure before I click on it, "Well, I can return the one I have, that's minus 15 bucks, then there's the 10 dollars Christmas money I have left, so then I only have to pay ten or so dollars towards it."

I looked at all the ones the seller had, and took several days trying to decide. It was EXTREMELY hard.

Finally I got one. It should come before the end of the second week of January.
Worth it.

Now you might ask what they are or what they do or what I will use it for.
Well.
They are 12" dolls that are widely bought for their awesomeness. They are mostly known for the fact that they can change their eyes. You can select 4 different ones. Their basic colors are blue, green, red, and either white or pink. They are customized in many ways - their eyes changed, faces changed, hair changed, millions of (not-so-cheap) clothes options...there's a world of opportunity. I'm going to jump into that world with my own doll.

Here's ton of pictures of the dolls :D
I'll tease you with awesome ones, and then end it with a picture of my rather plain one that I will be getting shortly!

pictures 1, 2, 8, 9, 10, 14, 21 and 22 have basic faces, like mine will have. Many of the others have been 'customized'.
























DRUMROLL!!






Mine. 
I love her hair and her white eyes. 
I'll see how shiny she really is, and if worse comes to worse, there's the nail-buffer trick.



DRAG THIS PICTURE TO THE BAR IN THE BROWSER to see it bigger.

There's a lot of potential in her, plus I get another dress, a pair of shoes, and a stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment